Who is Batman?

Quite often… Or at least a couple of times in my lifetime, I have heard people use this phrase “ I live in my own world ”.. There was a point when it didn't even make sense to me, later there was a phase when I knew what it meant, but then…what?!! how does that even happen? someone told me that it’s just zoning out yourself or restricting yourself from the outside world,,, 

Fortunately or Unfortunately, I have crossed these phases and have moved on to the next one. One where I not only know what ‘living in my own world is’ (or ‘a bubble’ as I would like to call it) but also actually experience it…

Yes, Fortunately, or Unfortunately….The bubble is nothing short of amazing, it’s the best !!! But it’s just a bubble.. none of that stuff is real…But still, it’s good… First, it was just nice to think of it and then call it ‘creativity’…

Every time something bad happened, the self-pity crept in, the blame game started, and then after a point, you feel like the whole universe is against you and that there is nothing in the world that can go your way… But apparently, everyone feels the same during their lows, that the worst happens ‘only’ to them…( But really, no one can go through as much I have !!! )

The reason that this bubble is so attractive is that it is everything I always wanted to be / can never be / at least seems like a happy place…all of a sudden I am a cricketer scoring all the runs for my team, sometimes I am the first Indian CEO of Apple on the verge of creating the next breakthrough Apple device… and so oooonnnnn…

Just as I was thinking about all this, I remembered my school English literature reader which had a chapter called The Third Level ( Which was Christopher Nolan type of stuff for me at that point…) and thought… hey… that’s pretty much my story…

I felt that the reason for such a correlation is that the lead in that story and the lead in my story, that is me, are not very different. This perfect/imaginary world is created, only as an escape from reality!!!

Reality is indeed scary, it’s tough, it’s insensitive, it’s unreasonable, it’s basically everything that would fit the characterisation of the worst villain… But…well there is no But….it is what it is… there is no escaping from reality in reality… It's like going against Joker everyday… its the worst thing to be going through a tough time… But the feeling when you actually get through a tough situation and come out from it is unbelievable. Be it positive or negative, but the fact that you can get through it is what counts… it's priceless!!! In fact, once you discover that feeling, you will not only be prepared to face the next challenge but also go on looking for more…  

There might be a lot of Jokers out there…’But’ Batman is the REAL HERO

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Lane

What's your Story?