What's your Story?


Almost a year back… Oh wait, let me start from here… 
So this is my second post !!! didn’t really take much time to get started on this one and post it, but my first blog post took much longer to write and finally hit that publish button. 

Looking back, my first piece of official writing was about four years back where I was one of the three writers of an article for a magazine. Not sure why and how it took me so long to get back to writing but I am glad that I did. ( at least I am…not sure if the readers agree…)

‘Someone’ famous once said, “Creativity is born from Anguish”. Not sure about the creativity, but at least the idea to start writing was born when I was in the ‘bubble’ (in reference to my first post #selfpromote). At that point, there was no intention to make anything out of it except to just write, save (maybe) and then forget. 

And so I did. Almost a year back, I started to write with no particular format or limitations in mind and then forgot about it. A few months later, I stumbled upon this document and thought that maybe I should show it to some of my friends and see what happens. But I was slightly hesitant and decided to let it go. A few weeks after that, taking inspiration from some friends, I thought I can start a blog since the idea to write really excited me. But again I was hesitant to go for it and decided to let it go. 

Finally, one day when I had time to spare and nothing to do, I opened this document and read it again. This time I thought I should get an ‘outsiders’ opinion, so I sent it to my brother and asked him to read ( don’t really think my brother would count as an outsider… but at least someone except me). 
I was once told to always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Well, I just prepared myself for the worst just to be safe. Surprisingly, his response was positive !!! Then I decided to push it slightly further and decided to send to a friend to see what he thought. But he’s one of those who would not give negative comments right away. So I asked him if it was really good and told him that its ok to give negative comments (though I knew that I would cry from inside if he did). But again, surprisingly got a positive response which gave me some confidence. Some more positive and encouraging responses from few other friends pushed me to go ahead and publish my first blog. It really was an amazing feeling. 

And this meant that, …I mean I too am a blogger... Finally!!! If I knew that this is how it felt, I would have done this a long time back. All that hesitation seems like a wasted time now. I really am glad that I finally did… At least I am… The biggest learning from this experience for me is not to let it go and instead just believe and dive in. Positivity around you makes you do things you would otherwise never do. Positivity is fresh, it's hope, it's belief… it’s basically everything that would fit the characterization of a Real Hero. So don’t ever let go of it…

So, most of this post was about how I was able to finally get started and publish my first Blog. So what really is the point of this post?
If you haven’t read my first post which is what this one is basically about, do have a look at it. Just in case, IF you have, I promise the next one will be better. Or at least the one after that……..

Comments

  1. Super Dhiraj. You put it in a way othes can read tour first blog. Well done. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machaa super daa....post rombaa nalla iruku

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the writing world. I look forward to reading each of your post. I blog because it's part of my back therapy to have to sit for so long each day. That's why I started blogging. I don't know why I continue to do it except maybe it's a psychological therapy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be nice to be back and writing and yay! you are too a blogger how cool. very excited for you. and its a huge milestone when you finally hit post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Lane

Who is Batman?